Stay up to date on the latest projects, news, and happenings in our city by subscribing to our quarterly e-newsletter.
Business Retention & Expansion Program
The Pasadena Economic Development Corporation's (PEDC) Business Retention & Expansion (BR&E) Program under the Pasadena Loves Local brand is designed to connect your business with helpful resources it needs to succeed.
The program focuses on five main objectives:
- Build relationships
- Provide support
- Increase communication
- Address urgent needs or concerns
- Identify risk of closure, job loss, or relocation
Behind the Program
The BR&E program is a collaborative effort between PEDC and the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce. The program has four main goals:
- Help solve immediate business concerns
- Demonstrate community support for local businesses
- Increase local businesses' ability to compete in the global economy
- Build community capacity to sustain business growth & development
BR&E Program Process
⇒ Engagement Visit
During this first step, we will meet with you, the business owner/representative, to learn more about your business, share valuable resources and address any urgent needs or concerns.
⇒ BR&E Survey via Email
Our team will email you a link to a BR&E survey that will ask you more in-depth questions about your business. Your answers will help us know your business in more detail.
A healthy and vibrant local economy depends on the well-being of a community's existing businesses and industry. Thus, efforts to help local businesses survive and grow in the local community are key to successful economic development.
The Pasadena Loves Local BR&E Program was created in partnership by the Pasadena Economic Development Corporation (PEDC) and the Pasadena Chamber of Commerce.
This partnership is one of the main components of Pasadena's economic development strategy and focuses on providing support and contributing to the growth of Pasadena's existing businesses and industry.
Through programs such as this, our community benefits because:
- Researchers estimate that existing businesses are responsible for the creation of 30-80% of all new jobs.
- Businesses that stay engaged and competitive are more likely to remain in the community - and possibly expand.
- Businesses considering relocating to the community will likely talk to existing businesses
- It contributes to the overall health of our community
Engage with Pasadena Loves Local
We want to help grow your business! CLICK HERE to tell us how you'd like to engage.
Our BR&E team looks forward to working with you. Contact us today!