Stay up to date on the latest projects, news, and happenings in our city by subscribing to our quarterly e-newsletter.
Category: TX State Programs, Workforce
The Skills Development Fund is Texas' premier job-training program providing local customized training opportunities for Texas businesses and workers to increase skill levels and wages of the Texas workforce. The Texas Workforce Commission administers funding for the program. Success is achieved through collaboration among businesses, public community and technical colleges, Workforce Development Boards and economic development partners.
For forms and documents to submit a grant proposal, see Skills Development Fund – Training Providers & Workforce Development Partners.
Find out how Texas’ premier job training program can help your business upgrade the skills of your workforce.
Training Providers & Workforce Development Partners
Find out about Skills Development funding to develop customized training for private-sector employees in Texas, for companies large and small. Get the forms needed to submit a grant proposal.
- Skills Development Fund – Training Providers & Workforce Development Partners
- Skills for Small Business - Employers
- Self-Sufficiency Fund – Training Providers
Allows public community or technical colleges an opportunity to provide intensive and rapid response to, and support services for, employers expanding in or relocating operations in Texas. As part of the Skills Development Fund, Recruit Texas program is administered by TWC with a focus on:
- Developing customized workforce training programs
- Fast-track curriculum development
- Workforce training-related support services for employers
- Instructor certification necessary to provide workforce training
- Acquiring training equipment necessary for instructor certification and employment
Relating to the use of Skills Development Fund to facilitate complex or high-skilled employment opportunities, see H.B. 108
Skills for Transition
TWC partners with the Texas Workforce Solutions network to assist military personnel transition into the civilian workforce. Several programs are available to assist military personnel who are experiencing challenges in translating military skills into civilian employment.